The scheme is aimed to establish Dr. Ambedkar Centre for Excellence in 31 central universities, one from every state/UT of India. Through the scheme, the Centre shall empower Scheduled Caste students in competitive exams by providing the best and free coaching facilities.
Scope And Coverage:
This Scheme provides specialized coaching ONLY to the Scheduled Caste students for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC.
Eligibility Criteria for Students and Selection Procedure for the Free Coaching:
- In order to be considered for admission into the desired courses/recruitment examinations, candidates must have achieved the required minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
- The Scheme is open to only Scheduled Caste students. University shall obtain/verify requisite caste certificate from the concerned candidate /student/ issued by the competent authorities in his/her respective States/UTs or as the case may be.
- The coaching benefits under the scheme may only be utilized by a student once regardless of the number of chances that he/she may be entitled to in a particular Competitive Examination. The student must submit to the University an affidavit stating that he/she has not received any monetary benefit from any of the other scheme by Government of India, State/UTs or any funding agency.
- The candidates enrolled under this scheme shall have to attend all the classes. In case of remaining absent for more than 15 days without any valid reason, or leaving the coaching midway without prior approval of the competent authority, the total expenditure incurred on the candidate will be recovered from the University/student/candidate concerned.
- A total of hundred seats sanctioned for coaching per center. 33% of the total sanctioned seats for coaching may preferably be given to the eligible female candidates of SC category. In case the sufficient number of eligible female candidates do not apply, University may allocate the vacant seats to the male/transgender candidates (SC candidates only).
- The concerned University shall widely publicize the scheme through open advertisement and make a public notice for a Common Entrance Test. The student shall be selected through an entrance test conducted by the University as per merit.
- The University will be required to maintain attendance registers for all candidates enrolled for the coaching classes as well as subject-wise results of practice tests, or any other evaluation.
Link for Registration (Free Coaching)